Friday, August 26, 2022

San Francisco Vacation

 

Click here for the Photo Album


We landed at San Francisco at 4PM on August 5, 2022. We were there for 3 days and here are my highlights. We went to Ghirardelli’s world famous ice cream and chocolate shop all 3 days and it was really good! We also met Amma’s friends and their daughter and then later we met Baba’s friends and their son and daughter. They were very nice 👍🏽 to meet. We also saw this amazing Lego exhibit. The man who made the Lego structures was a lawyer turned Lego artist that used millions of Lego pieces to make world famous art in Lego. There were huge life sized Lego creations like heads, statues, even a chair that you can sit on. Amma and Baba didn’t know about the exhibit until the day we landed so it was a surprise for me. I also got to build a Lego structure of my own which was a Mandalorian helmet, but I didn’t finish it.  Another SF sight that we saw was Lombard street. It is the crookedest street in the world 🌎. We hiked all the way to the top but we couldn’t see the full crookedness - for that we would need a helicopter! One of the best things we did was a boat tour. It took us around Alcatraz and under the Golden Gate Bridge 🌉. It was very pretty and I recommend it. We also went over the Golden Gate Bridge when we went to the town of Sausalito where we got ice cream 🍨 and sat by the bay. We also walked to this seal statue that was by the water where I played and goofed around (see the video). When we came back we took a ferry ⛴ to SF. One of the most fun things that we did was riding the San Francisco cable car by hanging onto the bars outside the cable car. Cable car is a thing in SF that goes on tracks on the road and seems mainly for tourists. Amma and I hung almost outside the trolley 🚋 and it was very fun. Also I would recommend doing a trolley at night because it is super crowded during the morning. One night I also tried Filipino food for the first time and it was very yum.  All in all, SF was super fun 🤩 and after that we went to the next part of the vacation which is coming as another blog soon! See the pictures and videos in the album!


1 comment: