Wednesday, December 23, 2015

My Very First White House Tour

Today on December 22, 2015  I entered the White House for the first time! Amma finally got passes from her friend to see the Christmas decoration inside White house instead of just seeing the tree they have outside for public. We were told the holiday decoration inside is beautiful and yes it was actually AWESOME as I like to now call all things I really like!

There were so many snowmen, snowflakes, christmas trees inside that I lost count after keeping track of them for a while. There were even trees made of candy cane and other yummy candies! Wish they allowed us to atleast touch them!

I was told this was the presidents home and office. Wonder how they live in the middle of so many colorful decorations. Take a look at all the pictures from my visit with Amma, Baba and Thatha today.

Ofcourse I still went outside and looked up the big tree in the garden which had trains running all around it.

Entering the White House from the east entrance. Penguins welcomed us.


During this season all White tours are self-guided due to the rush although secret service staff do tell you about history when asked

I started counting Christmas trees from here....

But got distracted by these snowflakes above me.....

......AND these snowmen outside the window

Don't know what to look at.. everything was so nice

Baba also cannot stop looking at the snowflakes. Each snowflake had a state name

These trees were made of tennis balls and dogs were replicas of the Presidents pet dogs

The center image was of the holiday card Obamas sent this year and rest of the images of cards sent by Obama over the last 6 years

We started going into each of the rooms now.. starting with my fav library!

We were not allowed beyond this point as the president's office was still working there at 3:30 in the afternoon.

But we could take pictures in front of the corridor


Each room had a different decor for the Christmas tree and the room


Green Room - Some dinners were hosted in this room

We are standing inside the blue room here

The Red Room - This was used by first lady to receive guests

And this is the State Dining room with Candy Christmas trees and toys all around

This tree is made out of my favorite Candy Cane

Some more candy trees

Standing outside the Presidents official seal

Christmas Carol singers of the White House


Exiting the White House


The brochure Amma is holding tells you details about each room we visited
This is what the tour and the brochure we got is called...




Now back to observing the trains running around the public Christmas tree

I still am so fascinated by trains!

No comments:

Post a Comment