“Can you hold my paddle please while I show you a trick?” I asked. “Okay” said
Baba. I stood up on my board, “ so first I stand up, and then I do THIS!” I
leaped of my board sending water cascading on Baba. It was September 12, 2021 and I
was paddle boarding with Asha and Arya's families.
Paddle boarding is like canoeing except
the board is flat and only one person is on a boat. If you want to you can even
stand up and paddle! I stood up almost immediately since I had done this before.
I zipped ahead of everyone very quickly and had to slow down. We were paddling
down stream near the Potomac. Because it was a Bretton woods activity I knew the
landscape.
The grown ups were very scared of falling of the board and they had
spent the week before the trip asking us about how to stand on the board, how
stable it was, and if they would be able to balance. I myself didn’t see why
they were so nervous ( if you fall you just get back on ) but it took them a
while to stand up.
We paddle boarded for two hours and we stopped at a spot where
we could swim around. I showed the grown ups a “trick” in which I jumped of my
paddle board so that water splashed them. The water was so cold that my arms
were numb. I didn’t swim around to much. I paddled straight for Amma because I
knew that she didn’t want to bump paddle boards. I made a sharp turn right
before I hit her so I ended up next to her laughing at her panic. It was
hilarious! Paddle boarding was fun and I would gladly do it again even though
the water was cold and the parents wouldn’t let me crash into them.
 |
| My favorite sport this summer |
 |
| Only Amma and Arya's Baba among the adults stood up easily and rowed with us |
 |
| As you can see the three of us lead the way |
 |
| Baba and other parents tried but preferred to be seated while rowing |
 |
| The gang! |
 |
| We always end our adventures with food and drinks |
No comments:
Post a Comment