Last weekend we clubbed our over a week long Navaratri and Durga Puja festival celebrations on one day which also happened to be the last day of the celebrations - Dussehra!
First on Friday evening I went to my friend Asha's house who had set up 7 steps of all kinds of dolls and even some legos! I got excited about navaratri golu setup and next year onwards Amma and I have decided to set it up in our home too just like Amma apparently used to do when she was my age. I have been promised one whole step for my legos so hoping that promise kept as I am already planning what all to display. At the end of the puja at Asha's house we also got goody bags and mine had books and oranges - my favorite things!
On Saturday we went to the Durga Temple we go to every year for Durga Puja where my friend Sohom also joined me. We attended the puja at the temple and then went out for lunch. Take a look at all the pictures from the festival weekend.
 |
| Navaratri Golu Set up |
 |
| I am standing next to lego steps which were my favorite! |
 |
| Ready for Durga Puja! |
 |
| Posing just before start of the Puja |
 |
| Oma's friend Kuhu Thami also came with us for the Durga Puja |
No comments:
Post a Comment