Monday, July 8, 2024

Sailing Camp

Sailing camp is a camp that I went to this summer and last summer. At the camp, you learn how to sail a boat and how to rig it. The boat I sailed was a C- 420. The camp was at a place called Saint Michaels that was a 2 hour drive away. I went to the camp with my friend Dominic and during that week, I stayed with him at his grandparents house. The first year I went there, I was very nervous and I only did crew. Crew just adjusts the smaller sail and doesn’t steer the boat. This year, I was skipper which means that I get to steer the boat and move the big sail. Also, every night for dinner, Dominic’s parents would make us very good Cuban food like Aroz con pollo, and pica dillo. That was the best part. While I was nervous last year, I was less nervous this year and I enjoyed the camp. 


Dominic’s vacation home has a pool! 

While we enjoy pool they enjoy Chesapeake bay views 

One thing we enjoy about sailing is this!

Monday morning Sailing time!


Sailing Crew - Dominic and I were on different boats 




That’s me being a crew 

And that’s me being the skipper steering the boat 

Dominic’s boat right behind mine sailing together!

Sailing on the Chesapeake 

The very first boat in the front has me sailing it as a skipper!




No comments:

Post a Comment