Thursday, March 17, 2022

As a Karate Black Belt

 

Black Belt Winning Kick!


I earned my black belt in karate on March 12, 2022. To earn it I did all my forms and kicking combinations, along with a run, jump sidekick to break my board. We also did 150 push ups during the test.

I have been learning karate from when I was 5 and now I am almost 11. As a black belt I have achieved a rank that I was after for almost 6 years now, and now I am a step closer to becoming a blue top (a karate instructor). Being a black belt is very important to me because it is proof that I have abilities that make me worthy of a high rank. 

When I was 5 years old I went to the Tiny Tiger class. After I went through one belt cycle I reached Little Ninjas class. Each time I switched classes I had to start again from yellow belt.  Then I got to the class that I am in now. Each class got harder but I also got better at karate and became stronger through the classes. This made me want to do more karate because I also had fun doing it. Karate has made me more disciplined with more stamina. I have so far earned 26 belts from Kicks Karate over the course of three different classes (Tiny Tiger, Little Ninja, and the Children's class). 

The black belt is very important to me. Becoming one means that I am good enough in karate to receive one of the highest ranks. This would mean that I am proficient in all of my forms, kicking combinations, and one steps. It also means that my teachers think I am ready for harder training and new forms. This would mean a lot to me because after training for years I have the black belt. 

As a black belt I hope to become a blue top instructor. To be an assistant to the instructor I will have to be 14 years old and a black belt with 3 stripes. Even though this will take a while I am still one step closer to my goal of being a blue top. I want to be a blue top because then I can help teach people. I had a lot of fun learning karate, and I want to help people learn and have fun like I did. 

 I want to thank my karate teachers (Mr. Justin and Mr. David) and my parents for getting this far. Without my teachers I wouldn’t have learnt as much as I have and karate wouldn’t have been as much fun. Also without my parents I wouldn’t be able to come to class or test! 

I am looking forward to being in the black belt class, doing the black belt forms, breaking the boards using my fist not feet to break it next time.  The black belt class is really fun and I look forward to going to it again. 




With Mr. David - my black belt instructor

Mr. Justin who was my teacher in the Tiny Tiger and Little Ninja classes

Future Black Belt Masters and Instructors

6 years and these 26 belts later I got my Black!


No comments:

Post a Comment