Friday, August 20, 2021

Ropes Adventure. Again.

I tugged on the rope as I dangled from the swing. I was only a few feet above the ground but it was still scary. I pulled again and suddenly, SNAP! I went swinging down. It was July 31 2021 and I was at Bretton woods zip lining and swinging. again. 

A warning to anyone reading this: beware of the plank and balance beam. The balance beam is a beam high in the air and even though I was harnessed it was very scary. The plank is also scary but it is even worse than the beam. Good things about it: there is more room to balance. That is all. Bad things about it: people below are pulling ropes that tilt the plank as you walk on it, did I mention that it tilts? Luckily we didn’t do those today, what we did do is zip lining and swinging. 

We started with the zip line which is my favorite. Our counselors were Sebastian and Conor. Conor was my summer camp counselor so I was happy to see him. We were zip lining with Aadi, Maya, and Mitali Aunty. Sohom and Shree Aunty also came latter. How the zip line works is that they clip your harness onto the line and then you jump off a platform and go down to the other side where the counselors will catch you. You come back the same way. I like to jump of these stairs that they have so that I go faster. We each went about 8 times but then we had to go to the swing. This is how it works: you are clipped on to the swing and then your friends pull a rope which lifts you up. After you tell them to stop you pull a rope and you go swinging down. My favorite thing about this is when you are swinging down. We each went twice and then we had to go. 

The ropes adventure was very fun and I would gladly do it again. Watch the videos.

Super 7 zip lining and swinging

After every activity we need good food!


https://youtu.be/xwf8lqskU6w - Ropes and Swings Videos




No comments:

Post a Comment