On July 17 2021 we went canoeing on the Potomac with the Lone Oak gang and Aadi, Maya and Mitali Aunty.
We went to Bretton Woods for the canoeing which is the club where we are members. It was everybody’s first time canoeing except for me ( I had done it before at camp last month in Bretton Woods) so we were all excited. I was in a canoe with Amma and Baba. Baba was in charge of making sure Canoe went straight and he did it very well. Amma and I paddled to keep moving ahead. Our group canoed down the river for the rest of the day. My favorite part was when we got to splash other canoes and crash into them. We rowed out into the Potomac and had some fun there. There was this pole that you could climb on to, swing from a rope, and fall into the water. I didn’t do it but Arya, Howard Uncle, and Nikhil’s friend did it. We had to cut our trip short because it started to thunderstorm. We had to hike all the way back to Bretton Woods so we got drenched. By the time we got back it had stopped raining so we had an early dinner there. The only people who stayed to have it were Arya’s family and Aadi’s family. Aadi’s family left early because they had to go back home and Maya had an allergic reaction to her sorbet. I had a grilled cheese sandwich with bacon, which is my favorite food to have at Bretton Woods. I had a very fun day and I would be happy to do it again.
No comments:
Post a Comment