Our first vacation in over 1 year was renting a house in Finger Lakes, NY. The drive was 5 hours so we left at 11:00AM but with a pizza break and some delays we arrived at 6:30PM. During the drive Amma and Baba got me a cookie dough cake pop from Starbucks and it was my first time eating a cake pop. I later had that three times this trip. It was yum.
Our house was by the Cayuga lake , which is the largest lake in finger lakes. I called the house the random house because one day I told Amma that I did not want to be in a random house on my birthday. We went there on Saturday and we came back on Wednesday one day before my birthday. I enjoyed reading my books on the couch at the house.
While we were there we did many things. We went to 8 wineries, we went on 1 long hike one day, and we skipped stones by the lake near our house. At the wineries I got popcorn and read a book. In one winery I also got grape juice which was tasty.
During the hike we walked along a waterfall and then went to the main falls.
Also we watched a movie every night at the house. Also another exciting thing is that I proved Baba’s red barn theory wrong. 3 years ago when we were in Canada Baba made a hypothesis that said that there was only one red barn in the whole world. He said that the red barn moved around so that anyone who needed the barn would find the barn. Amma and I proved it wrong because we saw 3 red barns next to each other when we were driving home. Even though it was raining for two days when we got there I still had a fun time.
P.S We went to the same city 10 years ago and we tried to take some similar pictures from 10 years ago in the same wineries.
 |
| Bon Voyage to Us after an year! |
 |
| The sun kissed random house on the Lake |
 |
| Skipping stones as soon as we arrived |
 |
| Indoor dining first time outside our home and by the lake |
 |
| I loved reading my book on those couches |
 |
| One of many wine tasting places we went |
 |
| 100% Grape juice tastes better |
 |
| Effects of the wine? |
 |
| Hiking to and along waterfalls near Ithaca, NY |
 |
| Taughannock Waterfalls where you can walk along the water all the way to the falls |
 |
| Picnic at wineries |
 |
| Full moon night views from the awesome random house |
 |
| We went to the same winery from 10 years ago! This time did not grab the glass |
 |
| Even this winery we visited again after 10 years |
 |
| View of random house and its swing from the lake |
 |
| Fun Vacation! |
No comments:
Post a Comment