Sunday, May 5, 2019

Spring Break


On Wednesday April 17, 2019 Amma, Baba, me and Thatha reached Orlando by plane. Then we went to the hotel Grand Bohemian.   We had lunch at a Mexicano restaurant and then walked around Orlando. We went to a lake. There was a statue of someone’s leg, head and arms on the grass. I climbed on the head and reached the top to jump off onto the grass. 
I also went to the swimming pool at the hotel and had water fights with Baba. 

Day 2 I went to Legoland. I went on a Ninjago ride where you had to shoot the bad guys. After that we went to Star Wars miniland. In Star Wars miniland there were Legos built from the movie including millennium falcon that takes off with storm trooper shooting at it. 
There was also a Lego Ninjago masters of the 4th dimension 4d show. It was cool. We also went to Bricksburg where there were lots of Lego movie 2 rides which I did. 
It was awesome.

Next 2 days we went to Kennedy Space Center. We started off with a rocket garden tour and then went on a bus tour to see Saturn V. On the way we saw the building where the rockets are assembled. It can fit 3.5 Empire State Buildings by volume. 
Also we saw the control room from where they controlled the launch of Apollo VIII and they actually showed us a video of the actual launch day.
We also wore astronauts space suit and did different poses and then they put those poses on different pictures that looked like we were floating on zero gravity and walking on the moon. 
We also saw the mars rover and Apollo XI moon landing movie that made it look real. There was a shop called the Milky Way ice cream store. I had an orange sherbet which tasted really good. 
We also went to see Atlantis and Atlantis launch experience. In the launch experience it’s really noisy and you feel like you are actually taking off in a rocket. There was also a really long slide for Atlantic landing experience which I did. When I was nearing the end of the slide I rolled over because I was going to hit the side (watch the video in the photo album).
I also got an astronaut badge for going to the shuttle launch experience. 
I also met an Astronaut Bob Cenker and took a picture with him. He talked to us about what he did when he was an astronaut. He didn’t wear space suit because he just stayed in the ship and orbited the earth.  
The astronaut said that when you first get into space you have a fat head and one of his friends actually took a ruler and measured their heads. 
The Kennedy space center was awesome.

Last day we went to Disney Springs. I built my own Star Wars Ray’s light saber at a Star Wars store. Me, Amma, Baba and Thatha went on an amphicar that went on water like a boat and when you first got it there was a really big splash. 

I had a good time in Florida mainly Legoland and Kennedy Space Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment