Thursday, April 6, 2017

My 6th Birthday Party Number 3

Birthday parties are not over unless its celebrated in my school as well.

At my school, birthday parties are called  "Celebration of Life".

I was asked to choose two pictures from each year of my life and take Amma-Baba's help to write a short life story about me. The teacher read out my story to the class while I showed my pictures from each year. Later all the kids sang for me while I made a wish and blew a candle. I am glad the school does not allow cake or any sweeta which I don't like to eat anyhow. Instead I got to chose a favorite game for the whole class to play indoors and then we all got extra time on the playground.

This time I wanted to write about my two favorite events I await each year - Birthday and Halloween and wanted to show pictures of me, Amma, and Baba with my birthday cakes from each year and Halloween costumes I wore. Amma-Baba helped write the story which I read multiple times to make sure no one laughs at anything I did in the past.

Check out this video Amma took of the party in school when my story was read while I showed the pictures....


 
And here is a short video of classmates singing for me while I make a wish and try hard to blow the long candle. 

 


Incase the audio in the video was not clear, here's what we said in my life story....



Child: Aadvik                                                  Birthday Date: April 1, 2011

Age: 6 years                                                   Celebration Date: Monday, April 3, 2017

Aadvik was born on April 1, 2011 in Hackensack, New Jersey, United States of America, in the continent of North America.
Aadvik loves to play with Lego and his favorite thing to do nowadays is to play with his Lego Batman and spend the time he gets after school to passionately design/re-design the Bat Cave he has built with Lego. He also loves to listen to music and dance to Lego Batman movie songs and songs by Bruno Mars.
Each year Aadvik picks themes for two events - his birthday and Halloween. He loves to have a theme for his birthday and dress up for Halloween – both of these always match his latest interests and/or shows he gets to watch on weekends and vacation days.
From the time he was 6 months old Aadvik dressed up as his favorite characters. His first year, he welcomed the cooler weather in fall with a dino (or is it a dragon) suit that he loved. That Halloween, Aadvik was Tigger – and he can still sing the Tigger song that he used to jiggle to at 6 months while he was sitting up and crawling by himself.
By 10 months Aadvik was up on his feet running and he hasn’t really stopped since. This is when he started to identify characters from stories and books. At his first birthday his favorite Dr. Seuss inspired a book shaped cake. That Halloween he actually took a break from Dr. Seuss and his parents made him dress up as an Indian folk dancer from one of their favorite folk tales.
At two, Aadvik added watching TV shows to reading books. He loved Thomas the train and Lightning McQueen and developed clear speech – which his doctor actually said was like that of a 5 yr. old. He voiced his decision to be an engine driver not only for Birthday and Halloween but also as a grown up.  
This passion for trains continued through his third birthday. You could ask about any kind of train or engine parts and Aadvik would have an answer. But a visit to Disney World same year inspired him to become Goofy and dress up as one for Halloween that year.
Year four, Aadvik had a fascination for airports and airplanes with all the extensive travel he had done with his parents and therefore wanted to have an aviation themed birthday at the aviation museum. However by the time it was Halloween, nature and wildlife got to him and he was obsessed with being a naturalist like Martin – the lead of his favorite TV show, Wild Kratts.
Wild Kratts continued to interest him long enough to have a nature themed fifth birthday – with a favorite Tortuga shaped cake.  By that Halloween, he had learned to bike without training wheels and wanted to blast into space like Buzz Lightyear, Space Ranger.
Now at age 6, Aadvik can read level 1 books himself and can also read other books with a little bit of help. He likes to write stories – mainly about his favorite movie, Lego Batman. And his birthday theme is also Lego Batman! He’s planning to dress up as Batman for Halloween – and decided to wear a part of his costume to school today.

No comments:

Post a Comment