Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The week in Bengaluru...





So the first stop in my whirlwind visit to India was at Ajji and Thatha's home..just outside of Bengaluru city. After a trip from the airport that took longer than the flight from Dubai, I arrived to much excitement - As soon as I landed at the doorstep, Ajji actually did aarti and welcomed me in - while Baba tried to fix the leaking laundry detergent in my suitcase.

So what did I do there?

Well just because I wasn't in the city didn't mean that I didn't have anything to do. My days were very busy - starting with getting Thatha to take me out for a walk every morning in his patio where I got to see sooo many butterflies, birds, and a few stray dogs wandering around in the neighborhood. I also had a lot of other things I did, such as:
  • Learn how to read (actually shred) the newspaper with Ajji and smash the keyboard while she was trying to teach me some tunes.
  • Spend every minute trying to get into trouble (or on to the sofa)
  • Get chauffeured to the city and back by Amma
  • Had a big, big lunch party with Ajji-Taatha and Amma- Baba's family and friends where everyone wanted to hold me, carry me, kiss me (and of course photograph me!)
Of course just as I was getting used to all of this, what did we do? We all got into a really big car and took a really long trip to the airport and went off to meet my Oma and Dadu in Delhi. But more about that later, for now check out some pictures of the Benguluru trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment