After Bengaluru my India adventures continued in Delhi. As soon as we got to the airport, Dadu was there to meet us, and off we went (with a small stop to get a diaper change) to his house.
So what was different between Delhi and Bangalore? Well for starters, I actually ate cake as soon as I got home (Yes Oma snuck some of the icing to me before Baba caught her). Also, there were a lot more people at home. Not only were Oma and Dadu there, but there was also Mamoni, and my Kaku, and later more thama's.
With all these people at home, obviously I got pampered a lot and everyone had to give me attention every morning such as:
- Oma would give me her mobile phone to play with
- Dadu would take me out to see the birds
- Kaku would have to be on spot to photograph all this (when he woke up that is)
- Another big lunch party with all of Amma, Baba, Oma, and Dadu's friends and all the Delhi family.
- My Annaprashan - where my Kaku fed me my first real food - rice and payasam/kheer - followed by selection time. I had a choice of soil, book, pen, money, and gold. Of course I went for gold!
- Setting off fireworks - the jury's till out on whether this was fun or frightening, but I did see my first fireworks
- An Indian wedding - I even got to see what a wedding is like with a lot of food, and people, and ceremony, and fancy clothes.
- Last but definitely not the least.....TV watching - and I figured out how to work the TV remote, so every once in a while I'd turn the TV off just for fun.

No comments:
Post a Comment