This summer I went to Singapore and Malaysia. After that, I went to Istanbul, Turkey. In Turkey I did a lot of fun things. Here are some of my highlights!
One thing that you should definitely do in Turkey is a food tour. Turkish food is very good and the food tour we went on took us to lots of places. We got to walk around Turkey and see lots of Istanbul. My favorite food there was the Iskandar Kebab but Baba says that is because they poured 1/8 of a pan of butter on it!😋 By chance, almost all of our group had flown in from Singapore just like us, and two of them even knew Kaku and Kaki (my Uncle and Aunt who we stayed with in Singapore.) They had come for a 6k swim in the Bosphorus.
Also you should see the Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque because they are very pretty. Along with that, see the Topkapi Palace. Fun fact, in Turkish, it is Topkapi Sarayi and my Amma’s name is Sarayu!
Another thing that we did that was fun was paper marbling or Ebru. You make patterns on water with paint and then absorb them into a paper.
Something you should do is see the Basilica Cistern. It is very cool with lots of nice architecture. Also go to the Galata tower for the view of the city.
Something you should do is get the Turkish “trick” ice cream. Watch the video to see the trick!
One thing that I didn’t like about Turkey, is the cab drivers. You should get a lot of cash because they try to scam you sometimes and most of them are cash only. It is also very hard to get an Uber in Turkey because they are cabs and Ubers, so they pick up another passenger if paying cash and cancel your ride.
As you can see, I enjoyed my visits to Turkey (except for the cabs) and hope to go back soon.
Click here to see the Istanbul photo album and read about my Singapore/Malaysia trip in the next blog!

I very much enjoyed reading your blog Aadvik.
ReplyDelete