Saturday, July 8, 2023

California Vacation with Cousins and Friends

 



Click Here to see the Photo Album 


A few weeks ago, we went to California for the July 4th week. We went for a reunion with my cousins from Amma’s side of the family. We were supposed to take a connecting flight from SF to Santa Barbara where the reunion was, but the flight got delayed so we decided to drive and got to our resort at 6:00. I met my little cousins for the first time! After my dinner with my cousins, Amma and Baba went out for dinner with rest of the adults so the big cousins Ananya and Amisha and I stayed back and watched TV in their room.  


The resort we stayed at was called Ritz Carlton Bacara. It had a pool and it was the place that Dee mama and Hailey auntie got married. The next few days, I went to the pool with my cousins. My cousins are Dominic and his little brother Miles,Maverick and his sister Vivian, and Ananya and Amisha. Dom is 5, Miles is 2, Maverick is 5, Vivian is 1, and Ananya is 15, and Amisha is 12. I swam and played with all of them for the 4 days that they were there which was so much fun 🤩 . We also got food from my favorite burger place, In and Out burger. 


After my cousins left, my friends from Seattle (Anuska, Ananya, and Ashwin)came and spent two days in the resort too. Then we went to Solvang, a Danish city close to Santa Barbara, where we rented a 6 person bike and we biked along the roads. On the way to Solvang , we stopped by an Ostrich  farm where we fed Emus and Ostriches. The next day, we drove to Cambria in central coast of California to meet Gaurav Uncle’s friend and business partner, the famous wine maker of California, Raj Parr. We went to his winery where he allowed the adults to taste wine that he hadn’t even bottled yet and were in barrels. Along the way to our hotel, we stopped by a beach where we saw about 20 elephant seals sun bathing. Raj Parr invited us to his house too so we went there. At Raj’s house, the adults tried wine and we played with his dog Maya. 


The next day, we went back home. We were going to take a flight to Denver and then to home but it got delayed so instead we took a flight to SF and then home. I had very fun 8 days in California and I hope to go there again 🔜.  See the pictures. 


1 comment:

  1. Saw the photographs Aadvik, and felt good to see all the wonderful people who make up your 'Mother's Side of the Family". Then read your detailed account of how much fun you had with the huge number of cousins and friends there, and that too was soooo wonderful to read and enjoy. A Wonderful vacation swith wonderful people and so beautifully narrated! I, Thatha, am delighted to read and know all this. When I am back with you you can repeat, I will like it. Till then, bye.

    ReplyDelete