At my new school there is an event called grandparents day. It is right before the Thanksgiving break and all the grandparents and special guests (could be your own parents too) get breakfast there. There is a concert in the morning with music classes from Pre-K-8 doing performances. I played the cello for my performance and Thatha was my grandparent there. We played the song called Samba la Bamba and we did really well (watch the video).
After that I took Thatha to my reading class. There I showed him the classroom and my "Where I’m From Poem" which was a poem I have been working on at school for grandparents day. We also played a game called Blooket which is like a quiz game and Thatha and I came in first place. After that we went to my art class where the art teacher gave us an activity involving black and white paper to make contrast. Thatha did one and so did I. After that we went outside to a photo booth. Thatha and I got our pictures taken and then I went to my robotics after school class and Thatha went home. I enjoyed grandparents day very much even though I had to wear a button shirt 👔, fancy 👞 shoes, and dress pants 👖 for my concert!
 |
Not too happy about wearing button shirt and dress pants but love my dress shoes
|
 |
| Tuning my cello before the concert. I am sitting next to my buddy Gavin who taught me Cello too |
 |
| The Orchestra |
 |
| Very focussed on my notes pages |
 |
| There was band, choir and orchestra - all ready to perform |
 |
| Thatha came to my Reading classroom |
 |
| Then we did Art together |
 |
| Figuring out what to make |
 |
| Touring the corridors |
No comments:
Post a Comment