On May 16 Amma, Baba and, I went on a ropes adventure with Dominic and his parents. The three ropes adventures were wood zip lining, giant swing, and last and definitely least liked by me balance beam.
Wood zip lining was pretty much just zip lining over woods. One highlight of the zip lining is that instead of walking back, we zip lined back. The grownups waved their arms and legs so that they would not spin around on their harness. Dominic and I called it the dying beetle because it looked like dying beetle. To start zip lining you have to jump off a high platform. I had a little hesitation at first but eventually I even was okay with running straight off the platform. When you land it is a bit rough because they use a rope to slow down your harness so sometimes you fall over (I didn’t fall over). When you go back they slow you with their hands so you can do a super hero landing. Paco uncle even flipped himself upside down. The wood zip lining was my favorite one because it was fun.
Giant swing is a swing that has you swing over the woods while attached to a harness. To get high up people run with a rope and as they run it pulls you higher. When you get to the height that you want to be at you tell them to stop and then you pull a black rope that allows you to swing. The highlight of this is that the swinging is fun. Paco uncle was the hardest to pull because he was the heaviest. Baba didn’t do it because he is scared of heights ( he didn’t do any of the activities ). When I went I was very scared. I told Baba to stop pulling when I said to stop. I told him to stop when I was half way up. When I pulled the rope I went swinging down. I screamed as I went. It was fun but scary. The next time that I went Baba pulled me too high. It was worse than the first time. Baba asked if I still wanted a cheeseburger for lunch and I said that I would always want a cheeseburger. When Dominic went they pulled him all the way to the top. The swing was fun but it was scary.
The last one is the balance beam. It is a beam in the air that you walk across while strapped to a harness. Two people go at once, they have to high five each other in the middle and then they jump of the beam and are slowly pulled down. This was my least favorite because it is very scary. Paco uncle had to reach the middle with Dominic while I had to reach the middle with Amma. On the balance beam Dominic fell twice while trying to reach the middle but his harness kept him in the air. When it was my turn I cried through the whole thing and asked to be let down. They said they could only pull me down when I reached the middle. When we reached the middle I was the first to jump down. I didn’t like this at all because it was very scary.
All the activates were fun (except the balance beam) and I had a really fun time.
Now don't miss watching some fun videos here!
| We are ready for our adventure summer camp! |
| Zip Lining our way into the woods |
| Balancing on a rickety beam! |
| Wrapping up the adventure with some food and wine |
No comments:
Post a Comment