We stayed at a house near the beach. It had a hammock and swings on the bottom floor. After we reached we went out for dinner and came back to watch Clue the movie on tv.
Next day morning I had breakfast downstairs sitting on the swing. After breakfast I lay on the hammock with my buzz lightyear toy.
Then we went to the Wright Brothers memorial. The Wright Brothers were the first men to ever take flight. One of the things that I learned there that I had never learned about was that Neil Armstrong took a piece of the wright brother flyer to the moon after 66 years of Wright Brothers flying it.
We went on a junior ranger tour to the place where the Wright Brothers flew their plane near kill devil hills. There were three stone markers on how far Wilber and Orville Wright flew their plane first, second and third time. On one of the stones it said test to see if you are faster than the first flight that Wilber and Orville had flown. So we needed to run from the rail from where the plane took off to the stone. Amma and Baba timed me to see if I could run faster and I did. I got there in 8 seconds and plane got there in 12 seconds.
Before we left we went to a structure of Wilber and the plane and we climbed on it.
After that we went to lunch and then we went to the beach. We went to Coquina beach and me, Baba and Amma built a sand castle. I went splash splash in the water. It was really fun on the beach. I sat down and meditated doing OM while the wave pushed me back. It was fun.
On the third day, we went to Cape Hatteras Lighthouse and climbed it. We climbed 257 steps to reach the top of the lighthouse. At the top of the lighthouse it was really windy. We also read about the lighthouse at a museum near the lighthouse. It said that they had to move the lighthouse 20 years ago because waves were coming in and they would have hit the lighthouse and broken it down.
After we went to the lighthouse we went on a car ferry to Ocracoke island. I saw seagulls riding the wind over the ferry and they came really close.
On the 4th day, it was July 4th, America’s Independence Day. We had breakfast downstairs on the swings and hammocks again. This time I brought Woody down instead of Buzz. Then we went for brunch in a town called Duck which was by the water and boardwalk.
After the brunch, we went to the beach. I body boarded which is where you balance on your hands and when the wave 🌊 comes, it pushes you forward.
Then after dinner we went to see July 4th fireworks at Jockey'ss Ridge Sand Dunes state park.
We hiked bare feet on the sand and went on the top of a hill and saw lots of fireworks that were very cool (see the video in the photo album)!
On the last day we went to the Junior Aviator activity center at the Wright Brothers memorial where I made a paper airplane and I drew Star Wars pictures. We also climbed up to the Wright Brothers memorial which we did not do on the first day. The memorial was on top of Kill Devil 👿 hills.
After that we drove back home. It took 7 dreadful hours because of the traffic.
I had a good time at NC.
Here is the link to the PHOTO ALBUM.
No comments:
Post a Comment