Another month younger, another ...
So what did I get done this month?
Well there was food - I got my first taste of solids with something called rice cereal. Initially I wasn't too sure about it - I almost spat it out, but now i think I like it. At least I'll eat it until I get something better to taste.
Along with the food came my own chair - called the Bumbo! I thought chairs were big things that allowed people to eat from the table, but mine's a little different. My chair is soft and on the ground, and doesn't have a table. However, I do get to eat my rice cereal in it and the chair itself isn't bad tasting.
While on the topic of chairs, let me also tell you about my exersaucer. It's a really fun toy - I get to stand in it and play with stuff. I now have started to taste parts of it and the jury's still out on whether I have more fun playing with it or eating it.
I've also started moving a little more. Now not only do I turn around and flip on to my stomach, I can also crawl in reverse gear. Now if only I could figure out how to go forward...although I do at times manage to drag myself forward by lifting my butt up in the air and pushing myself forward!
As a result of all of this moving I am getting more stuff on my feet - the other day for the first time I wore something called shoes. I didn't really like them so I kicked them off!
While all of this was happening I also experienced too other firsts - my first earth quake, during which I was so busy that I never even realized that it was the room moving and not me. I guess it must be a little like taking the ferry - which I've now done four times! Also, I got to experience my first hurricane. There was a lot of noise and rain involved, but on the other hand, I did get to spend 3 whole days at home. I'll have to wait till the next one to decide if I like it or not.
Anyhow, that pretty much covers the month. I'm still drooling, and laughing, and letting people know when I don't like things. Apparently tomorrow I go for a looooong trip once again and get to stay out overnight. Should be fun.. let's see.
Stay tuned for pictures from my second weekend getaway when I return. In the meanwhile check out the slideshow of pictures taken on my 5th month birthday and the day after.

No comments:
Post a Comment