For my birthday week, Amma, Baba, and I went to Universal and Disney World in Orlando. First we did two days of Universal then one day of Disney.
In Universal, my favorite ride was Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. It is a ride in which you are strapped in to a chair and it takes you through Hogwarts and you get to follow Harry Potter as he plays quidditch. It is super cool. My second favorite was the Escape from Gringotts. In it you are at Gringotts (the wizard bank) to open an account. You get into the cart to go to the vault but then Voldemort arrives and you have to escape from him. At the end you make it to the vault and Bill Weasley asks if you still want to open an account.
Another thing that happened when I was there is that we went to Olivanders wand shop. He would choose one of us to see which wand chose us. He chose me because I was wearing a Harry Potter robe and I had a badge saying that it is my Birthday. After I got the wand, I could go around the park doing spells. They had sensors in different parts of the park so that when you moved your wand a certain way, it lifted things, lit up things, or rained water.
Another cool thing is that when you are traveling between both universal parks, you can take the Hogwarts express to go between Hogwarts and Hogsmeade to Diagonally.
One time when we were getting out of a line because it was too long, one of people in charge of the line said that I needed a birthday present and took us past the 80 minute wait and got us on the ride!
At the end of the day, we saw a Mardi Gras parade and I caught almost 30 beads.
At Disney, my favorite ride was the Rise of the Resistance. Despite the three hour wait, it was worth it. It felt like you were actually in Star Wars getting captured by the first order and escaping with the Rebels. They made it super realistic and it is Disney's most complicated ride. Because of this, it breaks down a lot but thankfully now while we were on it.
The wait wasn’t bad even if it was long because while you waited, you could do missions on your phone. Missions are like the spells in Universal. You can do them all around the park, and they make different things happen. For example, you can hack an X-wing to make it make noise. The missions are super fun.
My second favorite ride was the Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run. You got to pilot the Millennium Falcon with one pilot going up and down and the other going left and right. I did better up and down because unlike Baba, I kept us off the ground 😂.
Another cool thing that we did was go to Oga’s Cantina. It was like you were really in a Star Wars cantina with a droid DJ and drinks named after Star Wars things. Unfortunately we could only sit at the bar because the tables were booked for the next 6 months.
I had a really fun Birthday week and I hope we can go to Universal and Disney again soon. Also, see the pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment