Friday, December 31, 2021

Maine

The day after Christmas, we started a ten hour drive to Maine. The trip was broken down into two parts. Plan was that we would drive until we reached Connecticut and we would stop there for the night. The next day we would drive until we reached Portland, Maine.

But before we got to Connecticut we stopped over at Ansh’s house! It was a really good surprise and I was so busy reading in the car that I didn’t realize where we were going.  Ansh and I met after 21 months. We played for a long time. It was really fun. 

Oma and Dadu came with us on the trip so I was a little bit squished in the back seat. We reached the hotel in Portland at 6:00 pm next day so it was dark by then. We decided to take a walk but it did not turn out to be a good one. We saw a drunken man on the street who was yelling and asking people for money. It was very icy and Oma didn’t have the right shoes so she had to be very careful.

The next day we went on a boat tour. We went on a mail boat and we got to see it deliver mail to seven islands in Maine. Boat ride views were nice. I had a very yummy lunch on the boat and once the tour finished we went back to the hotel. 

On our last day of being in Maine, we went to see two different light houses on snowy beaches and we had snowball fights there. It was very fun. 

We drove back the next day and stopped at the Bear mountain lodge for the night. On New Years Eve, we got back home. I got to play with my new legos that I had gotten for Christmas. 

The trip was fun but I’m not sure that I would want to go to Maine again because of how long the drive is.

We met after 21 months!

A surprise stopover at Ansh's place

Onboard the Mail Boat taking us around 7 islands around Portland, Maine

Wining and dining in the boat at lunchtime

If we had come a week before we could have gone on this Polar Express


Two Lighthouse State Park

Loving the Snowy Beaches of Maine

At Maine's oldest lighthouse



Snowball fights were very fun!

Making a snowman with Baba

A very thing and starving snowman right before I went for lunch

Portland Head Lighthouse in Cape Elizabeth, ME

Climbing the LL Bean Boots before going to the store

I went right at the top to peep in but the boot was sealed

Christmas Lights at LL Bean town

 


No comments:

Post a Comment