
On August 9th we left for Singapore and reached on August 11th. When we reached Singapore I played with my baby cousin Alia. Oma and Dadu also came after we reached.
Next day we left for Bali. We stayed in Bali for a week. Me, Oma, Dadu, Amma and Baba went to Bali before Kaku, Kaki and Alia.
We stayed at the Ritz Carlton hotel for 3 days from August 12-14. My highlights in the hotel were the pool, the ice cream stand outside the pool and the bathtub with TV but we couldn’t find the remote. Another highlight was the fish π£ feeding that was right outside the pool π. When we came to feed the fish π£ they all went to the spot where you were standing even before you threw them the food.
We also went to see the Kecak fire dance in a temple called Uluwatu. The Kecak dance is a Balinese dance. They danced to the Ramayana story around the fire. It was awesome. My favorite character in it was Hanuman. You can see the picture I got with Hanuman and Sugreev ( Sugreev is the red monkey).
On the first evening we all went for dinner by the beach in a city called Jimbaran. I had water melon, corn, and rice for dinner. It was good.
On August 14, we checked out of the hotel π¨ and went to stay at a villa. The villa’s driver and manager Nyoman came to the hotel to pick us up.
The villa was called Villa Constance.
There was a pool, place with a swing overlooking the rice terraces and rainforest. At night fireflies came to the place with the swing. The villa was huge. The pool water was really cold (not for me). I had a lot of fun at the villa. The villa also had chefs to cook breakfast, lunch and dinner. They also had drivers to drive us around everywhere. Kaku, Kaki, and Alia came to the villa on Rakhi day.
Things that we did when we were at the villa were: monkey forest, Tanah Lot temple by the ocean to see sunset, Ubud palace and market. We also went on something called the Bali jungle swing. What you do in it is you sit in a swing all harnessed (you can choise the height of the swing) then they pull it back really far and let go. They did that a bunch of times. The swing i went on with Amma twice and Baba once was 65 feet off the ground but when it swung it went even higher over the rice terraces and the jungle below us.
Amma went on the 90 feet swing also all by herself.
At the jungle swing place, there was a Luwak coffee making experience. In Balinese Luwak means Civet and these are animals who are given coffee cherry so that they can poop out coffee beans so that people making coffee. I roasted the beans and then ground them with Baba and saw how it’s made. We also saw two orange Civets but normally they are black.
Day before leaving I went on a Haathi ride (elephant) with Amma. Our haathi was called Ardila. The elephant walked on the ground and in the water. I also fed a different elephant and pet the trunk of a different elephant who had a baby elephant next to her.
My favorite thing I did in Bali was monkey forest because the monkeys were really close and they looked awesome. There is a really funny video of a monkeyπ jumping on a person that Amma took and is going to put in the video and picture link. I also had my first Rakhi with Alia.
I had a fun time in Bali. See the pictures and videos in the album.
No comments:
Post a Comment